Caregiver’s Workshop -
Workshop is designed to help caregivers such as grandparents, aunts/uncles, siblings, babysitters and family friends feel more comfortable while caring for children and adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
Patient and Family
Topics We Plan To Discuss:
- What is diabetes and why do some kids get it?
- Types of insulin and how they work
- Blood sugar testing and insulin injections
- How to treat high and low blood sugars
- Carbohydrate Counting
- Ongoing Diabetes Research at NBDC
- Hands-on- demonstration & use of meters, insulin pens, needles and pumps
RSVP: Please call Jennie Preval at 212-851-5364 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org